Index Catalog Archive Bottom Refresh
Subject
Message

Max message length: 8001

files

Max file size: 32.00 MB

Total max file size: 50.00 MB

Max files: 5

Supported file types: GIF, JPG, PNG, WebM, OGG, and more

E-mail
Password

(used to delete files and posts)

Misc

Remember to follow the Rules

The backup domains are located at 8chan.se and 8chan.cc. TOR access can be found here, or you can access the TOR portal from the clearnet at Redchannit 3.0.

Ghost Screen
Don't forget the global announcement this week
Saturday Evening

8chan.moe is a hobby project with no affiliation whatsoever to the administration of any other "8chan" site, past or present.

You may also be interested in: AI

Poz in Tech Anonymous 10/18/2020 (Sun) 10:22:27 No. 1631
General thread for discussing Codes of Conduct and other attempts to take over technology with political aims and enforce behavioral constraints. Point out languages and products that try to force politics on their users. It's become commonplace for tech startups to virtue signal, and for large open source projects to attract users who contribute little in terms of code but demand favorable treatment. Additionally, some have started including political messages in the software itself, or naming releases after issues the developer cares about. Some argue that such constraints and impositions violate the spirit of free software by requiring an agreeable political alignment between developer and user.
>>1633 based as fuck
As someone who has an interest in privacy tech and information security, what are the chances that I'll be surrounded by trannies and communists at any given workplace for which I'm ultimately qualified? I want to believe this area of tech is relatively untouched, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. In particular, the recent actions of the EFF and Tor Project have me on edge. https://archive.vn/xNwsi https://archive.vn/GSKub https://archive.vn/J7vtY
>>1650 Whoops, here's another winner I forgot to include: https://archive.vn/SQ3dY
>>1650 self employment
(371.41 KB 843x1238 inclusive_naming_initiative.png)

"Harmful" language is out, and may soon require replacing it with "inclusive" language in code: https://archive.md/nALE4 https://archive.md/erDpj >While master in and of itself is potentially neutral, the propensity in which it is associated with the term slave in computing makes master on its own guilty by association. Though it is used as a standalone, it’s impossible to remove the association with command and control entirely, and thus we recommend moving away from even singular use. Unsurprisingly, The Linux Foundation, IBM, and Red Hat are participants.
(4.89 KB 212x249 sad penguin.jpg)

> [...]
>>1827 Is it time to just switch to BSD?
>>1842 Half of BSD is pozzed, too, with some CoCs originating there. The other half is fine in terms of management, and more-or-less kicked SJWs to the curb and let them run to the other BSDs. BSD has two big issues, though, and several smaller ones. First and foremost, BSD license is a cuck license. GPL actively prevents corporations from co-opting open source and supplanting it. They can develop their own alternatives, but not build on what exists as a starting point. OSX is a great example of why the BSD license dooms your project to failure. If your distribution ever catches on, a company can just repackage it with extra features and you become the underdog in your own ecosystem. For all of the problems with Linux making changes for corporate interests, these companies can only use tweaked kernels internally. If a phone OEM uses Android you can request their kernel changes and they must release them. Besides that, driver support is a concern, as is the general ecosystem. POSIX is on life support and you can't run most Linux-based software on a BSD without serious modifications even though their interface is nearly identical. And you'll be writing your own drivers. Realistically, BSD is going to die soon unless something radical happens. It's useful as a server OS where sysadmins know the ins and outs but Linux has spent 20 years trying (and failing) to capture the home desktop market. It's only making inroads now because it's dead simple on most DEs and Proton exists for gamers. Even then, it's like 1% market share and some people just can't grok a Unix workflow. So the answer is "yes" with the caveat of "if you like writing your own drivers for a dying ecosystem where nothing will work out of the box". Maybe in a world where Windows is dead and Linux is king the BSDs would see an uptick as well from people seeking alternatives, and intercompatibility and a new POSIX standard would be desirable. For now, Linux is leeching desktop users from both directions, though. When the current round of greybears retires or dies, BSD will probably die with it. I think Stallman is still handling GNU despite leaving his post at the FSF. Maybe Hurd will exist in usable form someday, but I think Stallman will die before it comes to fruition. It actually has a lot of neat features that enterprises might find useful, but they've never been demonstrated to work reliably outside of academic environments.
(4.65 KB 204x81 9front.org.png)

>>1845 Net-, Open- and DragonFlyBSD are quite AIDS-free.
(386.91 KB 549x808 poster4.jpg)

(543.21 KB 800x1145 sixdotsix-800.gif)

>>1843 OpenBSD is the most user friendly operating system I've used. (Not idiot friendly though, which is a good thing.) - It's easy to install. (Just boot the usb and press yes everywhere. You're done within like 3 minutes. It's really that fast.) - It's the most minimalist OS I've seen. The default install has like 40 packages? I've installed a bunch of compilation tools and gtk-stuff, tor-browser (which is actually a native package) and I'm only at 242 installed packages. It's impossible to bloat that system. - I can understand the filesystem. It's incredibly clean and there aren't too many files. -OpenBSD is "secure by default". I've had a hacker crack every Linux Box I've installed, but he didn't manage to crack OpenBSD. (This was actually the reason I've switched. pf (packet filter) is an easy to learn firewall. Also the software on OpenBSD is ofter times hardened through pledges and explicit unveiling, as well as other security mechanisms.) I could seriously list a lot of things. Just say if you want me to continue. XD haha I've switched to it as my main general purpose operating system after using it for a week or two. It's has a wonderful FAQ and good man pages, which explains everything you might want to know as a new user. It's actually a complete operating system, instead of just a kernel with some completely heterogeneously developed software but on top and fixed and kept in place with a bunch of glue and tape. But this also means it's not Linux and you will have to get used to it over a span of a few weeks. I agree that the BSD license is cuck license though. AGPL is the ultimate license. That's why Google is spreading fud about it. They are fucking scared of people adopting the AGPL. We have like two threads on OpenBSD over at: http://nanochanqzaytwlydykbg5nxkgyjxk3zsrctxuoxdmbx5jbh2ydyprid.onion/g
>>1845 out of all those dragonfly seems to most interesting. How good is it's native hardware support? only really care about amd which has a "opensource" driver for linux. Driver support for other operating systems that aren't linux has always been something i'm wery about. as an example, tried openbsd once. didn't work. only actually worked on my thinkpad which is kinda obvious cause every scruffy hacker owns a thinkpad for some reason.
(13.37 KB 259x194 54.jpg)

>Point out languages and products that try to force politics on their users. well basically none (i the guess black lives matter banner on golang.org could count?). but if by this you mean politically correct garbage, then every product ever since 1970 UNIX itself was made by inept boomers who would have a heart attack from reading the word "nigger" out of context in their mailing list >guise i am 12 years old and SJW started in 2008 trust me!! >me tooo i am 12 too u are so rite XDDDDD XD X DXD XD XXD >i am red pilled which means i was one of (((them))) too until i realized how much of a fucking retard i was (but still am) DAY OF THE SEAL SOON
>>1633 based desu. /g/ always seems to attract the most petulant of single-mother-raised-manchildren. >>1631 >It's become commonplace for tech startups to virtue signal, and for large open source projects to attract users who contribute little in terms of code but demand favorable treatment Most people in the tech industry are pozzed, courtesy of our degenerative society. It was only a matter of time, especially after one of the most ardent supporters of free speech in the tech sphere, Linus, began to back down. On the bright side, having a deeper knowledge of hardware and software allows for us to not be beholden to these faggots--due to the nature of technology. We should specify, use, and create non-pozzed software. I don't believe its possible for us to have the industry separate tech from politics anymore, regardless, the battle shouldn't be fought there. Technology and sciences should be places such that our genius is allowed to flourish unfettered by worldly qualms. Arguing about politics in this area is just unneeded baggage and detrimental to our craft.
Rightscon is one of the spy networks inside Big Tech. > Brett Solomon, GetUp's Executive Director from 2005-08, went to Avaaz as Campaign Director. https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/10/lefts-foreign-donors/ The entire Avaaz network is a front for Hamas run through the British foreign office https://web.archive.org/web/20150426222130/http://ukmediawatch.org/2011/10/19/presenting-the-progressive-guardian-approved-group-avaaz-%E2%80%93-astroturfing-for-hamas/ This Avaaz group is huge. You start digging and there are thousands of them in hundreds of non-profit groups all pulling down six-figure salaries, and all of them are loyal to and taking orders from Hamas.
(595.56 KB 820x5300 datasociety_long.jpg)

(770.55 KB 812x1572 gsg.png)

Apigee is a predictive analytics company that did business in the Middle East. 16 employees, received $173 million in funding https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/apigee https://archive.is/tkksU * Chet Kapoor - CEO and BOD. Co-Founder and CIO at Tenzing Global Investors LLC. Former partner of Perry Capital. https://archive.today/y23N4 * Raj Singh - BOD & Founder. * Gregory Brail - CTO * Uday Subbarayan - Director of Software/Founding Member * Scott Regan - VP, Marketing * Sam Ramji - VP Strategy. Microsoft's director of open source and Linux strategy https://archive.is/6Tpm3 https://archive.is/1F6jA * Bob Corey - chairman of audit commitee * Vab Goel - partner in Norwest Venture Partners * Josh Goldman - partner in Norwest Venture Partners * Promod Haque - board member in Norwest Venture Partners More: https://archive.is/TaCRG * Neal Dempsey * Robert Schwartz * William (BJ) Jenkins * Edmond Mesrobian More team: https://archive.is/OgV82 * Brian Kirschner - Microsoft Director of Open Source Strategy * Anita Paul And rounding it out is their head of developer relations, Shanley Kane. Who went to school in Qatar. http://www.cnmeonline.com/news/new-initiative-aims-to-certify-open-clouds/ https://archive.is/HJ9QI http://qatar.cmu.edu/media/assets/Feb.2009Akhbar.pdf Microsoft's Director of External Affairs was an Islamist spy named Suhail Khan. https://ggwiki.deepfreeze.it/index.php?title=Microsoft https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individuals/suhail-khan/ http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/82238/who-suhail-khan-paul-sperry https://archive.is/mSL0w Microsoft runs a Social Computing Symposium called FUSE Labs. They are paid online shills, a private mercenary spy agency with Microsoft's technology and financial resources, working for Suhail Khan. > danah Boyd > Del Harvey, Twitter > Clay Shirky (Wikipedia admin) > Joi Ito (NY Times) and Mimi Ito (Wikipedia admin) > Ethan Zuckerman (Wikipedia admin) > Anil Dash Coincidentally, it's the same people who shut down discussion of Gamergate.
Saudi Arabia bought the UN Office of Counterterrorism. https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/12/12/1959689/0/en/The-United-Nations-Counter-Terrorism-Centre-performed-Cybersecurity-Innovation-Challenge-in-Collaboration-with-OICT-and-AIT.html The UN Counterterrorism Executive Directorate runs Tech Against Terrorism to promote "migration, diversity, social inclusion" and the UN Alliance of Civilizations. https://archive.is/el7c2 Tech Against Terrorism partners include Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and Twitter https://blogs.microsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/prod/sites/5/2019/05/Christchurch-Call-and-Nine-Steps.pdf The UN Alliance of Civilizations is a propaganda front for terrorists established by Iran and Pakistan and advised by Russia. Its partners include the Avaaz network and Vartan Gregorian. https://ggwiki.deepfreeze.it/index.php?title=UN_Alliance_of_Civilizations Vartan Gregorian is a Qatari agent who financed Barack Obama's political career and the Weather Underground http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990pf_pdf_archive/205/205714317/205714317_201006_990PF.pdf https://www.wnd.com/2010/06/171429/ his son Raffi Gregorian is deputy at the UN Office of Counter-Terrorism https://www.linkedin.com/in/raffi-gregorian-27166616b
(87.93 KB 1146x195 github woke.png)

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/01/github-regrets-firing-jewish-employee-who-called-trump-incited-mob-nazis/ What are the possible ramifications of Github becoming woke and becoming pozzed? In light of this debacle. It is possible that Github could possibly look into changing it's Company Policy and thus code of conduct >GitHub regrets firing Jewish employee who called Trump-incited mob “Nazis” >GitHub Inc. yesterday apologized for firing a Jewish employee who had urged colleagues to "stay safe" and avoid "Nazis" on the day a mob incited by President Trump stormed the US Capitol. GitHub said it "reversed the decision" and indicated it is trying to hire the employee back. >"Stay safe homies, Nazis are about," the employee, whose identity hasn't been revealed publicly, wrote in an internal Slack chat room on January 6. He was fired two days later, after one "coworker was quick to criticize the employee for using divisive rhetoric" >"I did not know that, as a Jew, it would be so polarizing to say this word," the former employee wrote in a Slack group for Jewish employees shortly "before his corporate accounts got deactivated. The former employee is Jewish and had family who died in the Holocaust >The sacking was reportedly explained by the human relations representative who did the deed, with a “pattern of behavior that is not conducive to company policy.” >The fired employee spoke with TechCrunch last week before GitHub announced its decision to reverse the firing. The man "says he is (((currently seeking counsel to ensure his family is protected, as well as figure out if he can receive damages or some other form of reconciliation"))) and that he ((("is waiting to engage with the company until he has legal representation in place,"))) >The fired employee said he was also threatened with being fired in October when he complained about a lack of (((diversity))) in GitHub leadership. ((("I feel like this could be an opportunity for GitHub to really do a purge and say, 'Do we want white supremacists at this company and how do we get Black leaders into executive management?")))
(114.73 KB 640x480 chef_excellence_terry.png)

Incredibly enough, Leah Rowe of all people has come to the defense of RMS. https://libreboot.org/news/rms.html Shocking news. I had written off the entire Libreboot project after the nonsense, but I might reconsider now. This was a very level-headed take, and aside from some minor bitching about RMS' distaste for plural pronouns being used for singular people I agree with it entirely. It's good to see some people have his back still, even those he's had disagreements with. There's also a huge chunk at the end shitting on projects with a code of conduct. Truly magnificent.
>>3289 It's no surprise that there's much more signatures in support compared to the ones that want to cancel him again. https://rms-support-letter.github.io/
(69.52 KB 208x193 NO WAY.png)

> [...]
>>1827 >made him out to be a pedo Being a pedo is perfectly reasonable: little girls are cute. YHWH explicitly allows child brides. RMS is a Jew.
>>1843 >GPL actively prevents corporations from co-opting open source and supplanting it Grsecurity would like a word with you. These licenses aren't worth shit if everyone KNOWS you will NEVER sue over them.
>>3428 There is no reason to sue random people over it as it wouldn't be worth the time, but if a big corporation infringes on the license you stand to win millions of dollars and it becomes worth it.
>>3429 >There is no reason to sue random people over it as it wouldn't be worth the time, but if a big corporation infringes on the license you stand to win millions of dollars and it becomes worth it. Grsecurity isn't a random person. They're a corporation (now) and say they're "doing well". They have govt contracts. And have done the most blatant copyright violation against linux copyright holders in history.
>>1619 I don't think he really knows what specfically he's mad about
>>14012 You are retarded.
>>1826 He became woke.
>>15395 True, indeed. However, Linus used to be better and not a woke cucklord. He's gotten his brain fried substantially by his daughter's influence and clownery. However, As much of a fool he has become, he's no resetera retard levels of hypocrisy. Also, so what if he's an atheist, how is that wokeness in and of itself? The part women's right to "choose" aka an abortion is best left to the states, not the federal government. Has he forgotten how many people died in countries that got under (((communist))) rule!?

Forms
Report
Quick Reply