Max file size: 32.00 MB

Total max file size: 50.00 MB

Max files: 5

Supported file types: GIF, JPG, PNG, WebM, OGG, and more

Password

(used to delete files and posts)

Misc

Remember to follow the Rules

The backup domains are located at 8chan.se and 8chan.cc. TOR access can be found here, or you can access the TOR portal from the clearnet at Redchannit 3.0.

/wsj/ - Weekly Shonen Jump

8chan.moe is a hobby project with no affiliation whatsoever to the administration of any other "8chan" site, past or present.

Reminder that 8chan.se exists, and feel free to check out our friends at: Animanga ES, Traditional Games, Comics,, Anime and Video Games

(160.55 KB 750x1000 1498015920791.jpg)

Anonymous 09/26/2024 (Thu) 06:59:46 No. 5108
How autistic are you when it comes to videogames? Me, when I play a game it has to be the original release of it, at least when it's the first time. Remakes and rereleases and later ports are out, naturally. But also when a game has various known revisions I go for the very first, need to experience all the bugs like god intended. And when it comes to japanese games, no translations or localizatios obviously, only the original. I would rather power through with my limited japanese than experience only a muddied version of the game.
>>5108 Not very autistic. When I play a game it doesn't have to be the original release of it. I prefer remakes and rereleases but I pirate if they're pozzed. I prefer later ports if they're enhanced. When a game has various known revisions I go for the very last, I don't need to experience all the bugs. And when it comes to Japanese games, I use translations. I would rather experience a translated version of the game than spend a year of my life learning Japanese.
>>5111 (checked) >>5108 I am autistic when it comes to weapon mods. For me the weapons need to look good, the style doesn't matter (realistic or cartoon) but it needs to look good and feel good to use at least, I even played UnexDoom just because it's well made but I didn't played much more of it because it replaces too many items with destructible crates which is annoying despite I actually like this idea, so then there needs to be a normal functioning rocket launcher and not some weird ass meme design of it like mini rocket launchers or whatever whako design they came up with, rocket launchers are a must in a doom game a grenade launcher won't do despite it's explosive too, it's ballistic trajectory doesn't allow for long range shooting. The weapon look can be simple looking I am not that pedantic but it shouldn't be some whacko design which has some weird method of killing monsters with, so that means I prefer conventional functioning weapons, if there is some weapons who have it's use but acts different I don't mind as long as I still have a arsenal of "bread and butter" weapons which is for me the assault rifle/chaingun, shotgun and the rocket launcher as my go to weapons for that.
I always play all of the games in a series in order. I never got around to playing Zelda until like 2007, and then I beat 2 and Link to the Past over the next couple years. Then Skyward Sword was announced, and I saw the trailer, and I thought it looked cool as hell, so I bought a Wii Motion Plus controller and everything. Then I started playing all the rest of the Zelda games. I only actually got to Skyward Sword like two years ago. I ended up waiting over a decade because I was too autistic to just skip games, even though I knew it wasn't like the developers expected you to follow the story or whatever. This included downloading the remakes of the Satellaview Zelda games, and emulating the CDi games, even though CDi emulators suck, and the games suck. I 100%ed Game & Watch Gallery 4 so I could unlock the Zelda Game & Watch, which is the 100% reward for that game. It's by far the hardest video game challenge I've ever done. Hyrule Warriors 1 probably took longer, but it wasn't actually as difficult. Because of course after Skyward Sword I had to 100% all the remaining games which had come out in the decade it took me to catch up and beat it. And in the time that took me, more games came out. I finally just caught up on Tears of the Kingdom a few months ago. I got all the Koroks in Breath of the Wild, I got all the armor and upgraded it to max level, I deliberately didn't take any photos so that I could buy them all from Robbie and get the game's default ones, even though that cost insane amounts of money. But I did it, and told myself I wouldn't do it again in Tears of the Kingdom. Then I did. And now the new Zelda game just came out. Maybe I should go and buy it right away since now I'm finally caught up and beat every single game in the series. But naw. I'm cheap. I did skip the Zelda Game Watch, not Game & Watch, because I simply couldn't find any way to play it, and still can't, aside from buying it on ebay, and even then I doubt how well one I get there is likely to work. And oh yeah, the Zelda timeline totally includes the cartoon, the Game & Watch, the CDi games, the Satellaview games, etc. Actually, Ancient Stone Tablets even says (or heavily implies) it takes place at the same time as Link's Awakening. The rest all just takes place either between Zelda I and II, or after Zelda II (depending on their release dates). I've been working my way through Mega Man and Castlevania the same way. I'm up to The Misadventures of Tron Bonne for the Mega Man series, and the second PS2 game for Castlevania. But Mega Man Legends is a very involved game, and this spinoff seems like it will be, too, so I took a break. And the first Castlevania game on PS2 sucked balls, so I'm taking a break before doing the next one. The first Castlevania on DS was awesome, and I want to play the next, but I can't do it without beating the second PS2 game first, since that came out first. I did skip Vampire Killer on MSX, because although it has some cool ideas, the actual execution of that game, including the controls, is absolutely terrible. One of the worst games I've ever tried to play, which disappoints me greatly since it has cool ideas. Just controls like fucking shit, and has a few other isolated but major problems. I do always look for fan translations and other hacks and mods to make a game closer to the developer's intended vision. Castlevania III and Bloodlines were notably changed and benefit greatly from fan translations of the original version, since they didn't just censor graphics, but changed some gameplay elements. Symphony of the Night was also better with Japanese audio and fan translated English text, even if I missed the memes. I do always look for upgraded versions of games, if they exist, though. Link's Awakening DX makes Link's Awakening for Game Boy obsolete. This does not apply to the Switch version because it's actually missing content from DX, so it's not a straight upgrade. The first two Castlevania games on Game Boy also have Game Boy Color versions, but they're tucked away on Konami multipacks. So I played the versions on those multipacks instead. They're missing nothing from the original, but have the added color. Even though Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness is essentially a vastly expanded rerelease of Castlevania 64, with almost twice as much content, I still 100%ed Castlevania 64 first, because the title screen/intro animation is better, and two levels (one from each campaign in 64) are changed in Legacy of Darkness. I didn't think those levels were bad in 64, so I'd say they were worth playing. Plus, this way when you start the game you're playing as Belmont, which goes a long way to making the first 3D Castlevania feel like Castlevania. In Legacy of Darkness Belmont is the third character you unlock, and you first beat the game as some werewolf guy. I like him, and it's not like it's really that different, but it does feel like it makes sense to play Belmont first, at least on a meta level (in game, the werewolf story does take place first). I also read Dracula and Frankenstein mostly because I got really into Castlevania. I read Frankenstein as a kid, but reread it recently. Frankenstein is an excellent novel. Dracula is awesome at the beginning and end, but drags significantly in the middle, and I would have gotten bored if I wasn't invested in understanding Castlevania better. Next I have to read Carmilla. You know that giant mask from Castlevania II? She appears in other games too, and it turns out she's actually a sexy lady. Anyway I didn't realize until recently that she's actually from a novel that predates Dracula. I'm sure the version in the game isn't terribly accurate, but I'd better go and read it soon.
I'm also so autistic that I've beaten every Sonic game except for the PS2/Wii version of Unleashed, and the handheld versions of Colors and Generations. I'm workin' on that now. I didn't do them all in order because I've been playing them since before I can remember, and a lot of the games are ones I wasn't even aware of when they came out (like some of the Game Gear games, for example). When I realized I was very close to beating every game in the series, I also went and read every Sonic comic and manga, except for some chapters of a manga from 1992 that seem to be lost media. Only a few chapters had fan translations, so I used Google Translate to read the rest that I could find. Overall this adds up to about 1000 issues/chapters. And of course that meant I had to watch all the tv shows as well. I then made a massive spreadsheet where I tried to place every piece of Sonic media in their most logical order, with notes on the minimum changes required to make stories from vastly different universes make sense together, with games taking priority, then movies, then tv shows, then comics. For example, everything goes in release order except for things that obviously take place earlier in the timeline, like how the first Sonic movie is Sonic's first known adventure, and the first time he meets Eggman, so it takes place before Sonic 1. The manga with the lost chapters is the first appearance of Amy (and Charmy), and the last story is a Sonic CD adaptation. So most of the manga takes place before Sonic CD. Now, the trick is that in the manga Sonic is a regular hedgehog kid who transforms into Sonic under stress, and nobody knows he's Sonic, including himself. He also has a whole family. I think you'd need a whole framing story to be made up and justify trying to explain this. It's too different. But what sort of framing story could be used to mash this into continuity? I'd say that Sonic hit his head or something and got amnesia, and didn't remember he was a hero, so this guy he saved took him in and pretended to be his dad, so Robotnik wouldn't come and get him. And then he blended in and got a girlfriend (Amy) and basically all the events of the manga can then happen unchanged. Then eventually he gets his memories back. Actually, in the last few stories, Sonic's regular kid identity is never mentioned, and I'm not sure if he already got his memory back in one of the final chapters that is missing. (Amy does discover that Sonic and Nicky are the same guy in one of the final stories.) I'd have to hunt down some old manga to confirm. Otherwise, he just gets his memory back after the manga, then Sonic 2 happens or whatever. Sometimes you have to go quite far out of release order, because there are extended periods in both comics where Robotnik is dead and/or Sonic is lost in space/another dimension, so you can't go mixing stories from different continuities in those eras, but I strived to move things from release order as little as possible. I think I made it work pretty well. Adaptations take place as close to the games they're adapting as possible, in release order relative to each other, unless there are particular story reasons to do otherwise. For example, Sonic movie 2 loosely adapts Sonic 2 and 3&K, so it takes place after those, except Sonic 4 canonically is Eggman's next appearance after Sonic & Knuckles, so Sonic movie 2 takes place after that. The movie can mostly happen the same except it isn't the first time Sonic met Tails or Knuckles. Knuckles just got tricked by Eggman again, which happens all the time anyway. In a more complicated example, the Archie comics, Fleetway comics, and Sonic X all adapt Sonic Adventure. Most of the Archie adaptation actually takes place before the events of the game (when Chaos gets released and all that), so those parts take place earlier. Sonic X, however, places all of Season 1 before its Sonic Adventure adaptation, but doesn't lead into it as directly as the Archie adaptation does, so Sonic X Season 1 takes place before the Archie Sonic X adaptation. Sonic X's adventure adaptation is pretty accurate but just condensed, so you can treat it as the same story and just say the game version is the "real" version, and you wouldn't lose anything from the show. But the Archie adaptation adds subplots about Antoine and Bunnie in Station Square, and Knuckles's dad teaming up with the Chaotix and meeting Big's tribe of cat people in the jungle. Now, Knuckles' dad cannot be canon to the games, it contradicts things too hard, but we can still say The Chaotix went and met the cat tribe in the jungle around the time of Sonic Adventure, and we can say Antoine and Bunnie did stuff in Station Square that just wasn't seen in the game. Of course, the Archie adaptation also adds a bunch of retarded lore about how Station Square is hidden in a volcano and the sky you see from there is fake. Fuck that shit. None of it can mesh with the games so that would just be ignored and made not canon, but most of the story could still be kept. The later Archie comics actually did have the timeline change, so this is canon in the last 50 or so issues (100 if you count Sonic Universe). The Fleetway Adventure adaptation, meanwhile, is so different from the game that you can just treat it as a whole separate story. But since it is intended to take the place of Sonic Adventure, but came out after, it is set immediately after Sonic Adventure in the timeline. The adaptations also help to find when stories are supposed to take place. So the Fleetway and Archie adaptations of Chaotix came out sort of far from each other, but we can tell that stories before were intended to take place before Chaotix, and stories after were intended to take place after. So even though their release dates are different, they go in the timeline as close to each other as possible (in their own relative release orders, though), and the stories that precede and follow them do so together. And of course relative to the games, they both just take place immediately after Chaotix. (Actually, Tails Skypatrol and Sonic Labyrinth take place at the same time as Chaotix, but that's deep Japanese manual lore and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who knows about it.) There's also a very interesting particular issue of the Archie Sonic adaptation that really looks like it was meant to make things line up with the final episode of the Sonic Saturday Morning cartoon, so those two stories go together, but even though similar events happen, they're treated as different stories, because they're also too different to pretend they're exactly the same thing. But the point is that after both those stories, the status quo would be the same in both continuities, so they go next to each other in the timeline. The Archie adaptations of Unleashed and Fighters came out many years after the games and thus weren't tie-ins, so rather than placing them near the games, they just are new stories that take place after. Sonic turned into a werewolf again. Whatever. The Fighters adaptation is so loose that it's barely the same thing anyway. However, in this era, they also do multiple flashbacks to Sonic 2 8-bit, only the events are slightly different, because they include Scratch, Grounder, Coconuts (the Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog), and Breezie the Hedgehog, that one girl that tried to molest Sonic in that one episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog ("That's no good!"). Also the flashbacks include Ixus Naugus from the Saturday morning cartoon, and Witchkart, from Tails Skypatrol. Naugus has crystal powers, and the secret final level from Sonic 2 8-bit is Crystal Egg Zone, so say Naugus crystallized an Eggman base, thus creating Crystal Egg Zone. However, not only does this already change the game a lot, but Naugus should be locked in another dimension in this era. Yeah, history was changed in the comics, so apparently Naugus just got out at a wildly different time than he originally did, but that makes far more comics non-canon than they really need to. So instead I'd say that this event wasn't literally Sonic 2 8-bit, but another time Robotnik just used some old (or similar) robots to do a similar plan again, but with the addition of the S6 Squad and Breezie, and Naugus and Witchkart showed up. The earliest place this can take place in the timeline is many years later, but I found a place, in the mid-2000s. So fuck it. Sonic Underground takes place shortly before Adventure (and its adaptations), but there would need to be an added story at the end (the show never did get a finale). The ending would need to involve Queen Aleena and the Oracle of Delphius admitting that they lied to Sonic and he isn't really a prince. But he is a chosen one (he already is in the games) so they had to lie to him to get his help. But now he's like a spiritual brother to Manic and Sonia. And the fourth member of The Council of Four isn't really Sonic, it's Uncle Chuck. Also, they're the real royal family of the kingdom, but Aleena left Sally's dad as a Steward due to the Oracle's prophecy of Robotnik. When Aleena comes back, though, Sally's dad remains king, and The Council of Four takes on a higher ceremonial/spiritual position. She's like the pope. Oh yeah, the Archie comics changed history after issue 252, but I noticed there were some times things changed more than was really needed. Sure, don't reference all the comic OCs anymore, but there was no real need to change Naugus's backstory, since that was from the TV show. I think I could make it work so that the later stories could match with the earlier ones, with enough autistic thought about the timeline. The games also didn't all come out in release order. Sonic 2, 3, Knuckles, and Sonic 4 all take place directly after each other, so games that came out between them take place before or after. Sonic Chronicles ends on a cliffhanger that was never resolved. But it can all work, so long as you're autistic enough. Anyway, here is the spreadsheet. I haven't updated it in several months, I'll finish it once I finish these last few games. Gotta add the last few entries, and I'm sure I could clean up what I already have, but I don't think it's missing anything major at this point.
(10.35 KB 197x287 laura.jpg)

>>5123 I understand your autism, I also like to play a series in order to an autistic degree. Recently I was interested in the Trails/Kiseki series, as part of a broader interest in old RPG series, so of course I started with Dragon Slayer on the PC-88. I've also been playing the Drag-On Dragoon/Drakengard games on PS2 just so I can one day see 2B's ass in actual gameplay. On Castlevania, it's my favorite series ever so, I've played every game, all of them to 100% or at least close. Played them in english as a teenager, then in japanese later on, (SotN I've played a billion times in both languages). Curse of Darkness is one of my favorites and a guilty pleasure, it's a billion times better than Lament imo because it's full-on IGAvania in ps2-style 3D action format. I know you're going to spend hours breeding and grinding your pokemon-devils to perfection, I know I did. Actually, I'm still trying to get the reward for beating the unlockable Crazy Mode which is way too hard. I boot it up from time to time, progress a bit, get my ass kicked then put it off for another year, but I'll get there. Also, I'm hoping you played the original Rondo on PC-Engine and not the PSP remake. Oh wow, I also read Dracula and Carmilla because of castlevania, Frankenstein not yet. Even Laura, the protagonist of Carmilla, has appeared in Castlevania... She was transformed into a catgirl.
(643.32 KB 596x588 2024-05-26_210003.png)

>>5127 Will read this post later but I only wanted to comment that I've been working my way through Archie Sonic and point out that I love how it went from a silly sunday morning plot about an evil scientist turning animal people into robots and became a deconstruction of itself exploring the actual impact of Robotnik's actions on Mobian society, in just 50 issues. Haven't gone too far past that yet, we're delving into Echidna lore now.
>>5130 >Curse of Darkness is... a billion times better than Lament. Good to know. I thought Lament was very disappointing, and I was very surprised that people seem to think it's much better than Castlevania 64. Honestly, I didn't get 64's bad reputation. Even if it was just an unfinished version of Legacy of Darkness, I still thought it was pretty good, and did a good job at feeling like classic Castlevania but in 3D. I did not think Lament of Innocence felt like Castlevania that much. The appeal of Castlevania to me was never half assed combat. But if the sequel is really that much better, then maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. >Also, I'm hoping you played the original Rondo on PC-Engine and not the PSP remake. Both. I think I prefer the PCE-CD version, but the PSP remake does actually have original content, not just new graphics, so I'd say they're both recommended. Just space out the playthroughs so they don't get too repetitive, since a lot of the content is the same. >Oh wow, I also read Dracula and Carmilla because of castlevania, Frankenstein not yet. You should definitely read Frankenstein. It deserves its reputation as an actual classic. Dracula is essentially a pop culture thing. Don't get me wrong, I like Stephen King and Michael Crichton (particularly Crichton), and Dracula is like something they'd have written if they were 80 years older. But Frankenstein is much more complex. It has a lot more going on thematically, and deserves its reputation as "real literature." I hate people who exclude pop culture from that category, but well... Frankenstein is a lot better than Dracula, is my point. >Even Laura, the protagonist of Carmilla, has appeared in Castlevania... She was transformed into a catgirl. I do love seeing Japanese interpretations of western works. I was playing Sonic and the Black Knight recently, and at one point, when you beat Knuckles, AKA Sir Gawain, he tries to kill himself because he's been dishonored. A very Japanese trope in a game trying to be about King Arthur. They just didn't realize that wasn't as much a part of the culture they were writing about. Outsiders writing about other cultures is always very interesting, especially when it's about my culture, and I get to see someone else's view of it. And now SJWs are trying to take that away and say it's racist. Well I guess they say it's only racist when white people do it. But still, the point is, I like seeing stuff like that, no matter who is doing it. It's cool. >>5131 Oh boy. You're in for it now. The really funny part about the escalation is that, while plot-wise it started in issue 19, with the introduction of Robo-Robotnik, it really didn't step out of its gag roots and start getting autistic until after issue 30. After that, Chaotix came out, and then they start getting into Knuckles lore. It took less than two years to go from "Hey Ken, we need some Knuckles backup stories" to "Robotnik is fucking dead for real. This is about whatever Penders wants, now." Actually, wait, Geoffrey St. John was introduced in the first Sally solo story, which was around issue 19. So I guess that's the point where Penders started getting more power and just started doing whatever he wanted. I can't believe the guy had the nerve to introduce a character whose sole purpose was to cuck Sonic the Hedgehog, and he did it in the very first issue when he got his own miniseries to write. The funny thing, though, is that it does happen slowly enough that there are only a few moments when it's jarring (like when Geoffrey St. John is introduced, and Sally says that now she has two boyfriends). But with the Knuckles lore, it's done gradually enough that they do some really retarded shit and you don't even notice. That's why it sounds so silly when someone just says it and an outsider hears it out of context. Like the first Knuckles solo comic story arc was basically a previous guardian was evil, and now he comes back in present day. That's actually a cool idea for a Knuckles story. It does tie in a bit too much into the non-game lore that Penders had already been introducing, but the basic concept makes sense with Knuckles' basic concepts, including the concepts from the games. The second story arc is then actually that evil guardian had a bunch of followers, and now they're back. And a girl one turns good because she likes Knuckles. Sure, that makes sense, and it follows up logically from the previous arc. Might be going a little far with introducing a very important OC Julie-Su, but it still makes sense. Then comes the third arc. You know how the bad echidnas were all just trapped in another dimension? Well actually the good echidnas were also all just in yet another dimension. And now they're back. And they live in a futuristic metropolis, which is now on Angel Island, even though it's a big plot point that they wanted to get rid of all technology, and that's why the evil guardian turned evil, and why his followers were angry. So yeah, that's when shit really goes off the rails. But it builds up slowly over three story arcs, plus more stuff that was building up in the main Sonic series and its Knuckles backup stories. So by the time it gets there, you almost just accept it. Then you take a step back and think wait, why is this Knuckles comic about him living in some Jetsons-esque supertown with 14 generations of his grampas, dealing with his parents getting divorced and his mom remarrying and having a kid with some new guy?
>>5135 IMO Castlevania 64 gets good in the latter half, when it's just platforming action. The first half feels like a different game, and the part where you have to carry the nitro bomb was just awful. The problem with lament is that it didn't know whether it wanted to be like the n64 games or have rpg elements, in the end it half-assed both. Also I remember you had to backtrack on foot a lot and it was horrible.
I have to play games in release order, original versions, unmodded. I will break with this sometimes, like playing Daggerfall Unity over DOS Daggerfall, or installing community fixes with New Vegas, but I adhere to it rather well. The biggest reason I don't stick to it is playing later PC ports or versions with more content, I'd never play PS3 Dragon's Dogma over modern PC Dragon's Dogma or launch version Kingdom Hearts over Re-Mix.
I once spent a full weekend playing a complete season of Madden '94 before returning it so that I could feel like I had properly finished the game. Mom was worried that I refused to stop to eat.
I'm an extreme hoarder, to the point of resetting and redoing a fight if I use a big healing item during a fight to win it when I feel I didn't need to afterwards. Sometimes It pays off, a lot of the time it doesn't.
Crash Bandicoot was my favorite game ever since it came out, but of course after the PS1 era it was pretty much dead. So when N. Sane Trilogy came out I was so excited I couldn't put it down. I got all Platinum Relics in Crash 1, except for one (I think it was Road to Nowhere), in one sitting. I also did most of Crash 2. But when going back and trying to get that final Crash 1 Platinum, I started feeling terrible pain in my arm/shoulder. I played vidya so hard and for so long with no breaks that I gave myself tennis elbow, I couldn't sleep, let alone play video games, for like two weeks. Also, this is the biggest problem with N. Sane Trilogy, that nobody talks about. For some reason, in Crash 2, they made L2 Speed Shoes instead of R2. Not only is that needlessly confusing, since it was R2 in the original Crash 3, but it makes it so you're more frequently gripping and ungripping with your left hand. When it's R2, you're still never really doing a gripping motion, since you don't really hold the face buttons much in Crash. But you're always holding the D-Pad (though moving your hold depending on the direction), and if you're holding L2 frequently as well, it results in very frequent gripping and ungripping. I think this contributed significantly to my tennis elbow. Also, I refuse to use the joystick in Crash, or basically any game that lets me use the D-pad for movement. The first Crash game came out before the PlayStation had a joystick. I'm not gonna play the sequels differently than the originals. I could adapt to Ape Escape, since it was a gimmick and using the joystick was actually important, and I could play N64 fine since it was a different controller, but even on PS2, I tried to use the d-pad for everything. I think it took until I played Ratchet & Clank and it forced me to use the d-pad that I finally forced myself to get used to it. But even then, only for new games. I got Jak & Daxter just because it was from the makers of Crash, and Ratchet & Clank because it was from the makers of Spyro. Luckily those series turned out to be pretty good as well. But then the PS3 came out. I camped out overnight to get a launch PS3 and Resistance: Fall of Man, because it was from the makers of Ratchet & Clank, even though I didn't even really like shooters (which made Deadlocked my least favorite Ratchet game). Resistance is definitely among my favorite shooter games, but needless to say, I didn't have as much fun as I did with Spyro or Ratchet. Yet I was still so excited for Uncharted the next year. I tried so hard to convince myself it was like Crash. "Well, the jungle kind of looks the same. The music is sort of similar (since it has generic jungle music)." "Hey, this part where you're running toward the screen is totally a reference to the boulder levels from Crash!" I still kept telling myself this up to The Last of Us. I still have myself half-convinced that the one sequence in every Naughty Dog game where you run toward the screen is a lasting legacy of Crash, but The Last of Us was the game that finally broke my love for Naughty Dog. '90s Naughty Dog is my favorite dev team and made my favorite games. Modern Naughty Dog is the worst developer to ever exist, the worst proponents of the worst trends to ever curse the medium of video games. >>5152 This is just reasonable. Maybe you'll need that item later! And even if I'm at the final boss, maybe there will be a secret final boss after. Better save all my items, just in case. In the end, I end up not using any items ever, but better safe than sorry.
>>5152 I often don't use items because they're just not useful. "+3% armor" or "10% faster speed when in combat" are not buffs I'm going to be busting out the item menu for. Some games do it well, chems in Fallout can be borderline broken and I always liked Terraria's potions. But healing potions? Many games don't feel like they were even balanced around healing potions. Sometimes very fun bosses can be made trivial and boring through spamming max heals.
>>5148 Same but I only try to play PC ports of PS3 games for the reason that the PS3 is fucking fragile and I already had to buy and mod a second one which was a pain in the ass, so I try not to use it if I can help it. But I only do this with ports, not remakes, so Dragon's Dogma was ok (sad about the jp voices not being on the PC version though), Ass Ass in Screed was ok, Batman was ok, etc, but I did play the original nep and atelier rorona on PS3.

Forms
Delete
Quick Reply